River Ridge Charity Coloring Sweepstakes Official Rules (“Official Rules”)
Date of Official Rules: March 10, 2017
1. Definitions. For the purposes of these Official Rules, the following definitions apply:
2. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to Entrants who meet the following eligibility criteria:
3. No Purchase Necessary.
Entrant does not need to make any purchase to enter Sweepstakes.
4. Entering the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes will begin on March 20, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. EST and will end on April 28 at 6:30 p.m. EST (“Entry Period”). During the Entry Period, Entrants may obtain a Sweepstakes Entry form through a variety of distribution locations in Central Ohio or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. To enter the Sweepstakes, You must:
5. Selection of Sweepstakes Winner and Entry Clearance. Sponsor will randomly draw one Entry for the Sweepstakes Prize from the Entries that meet the eligibility criteria for that Prize. Drawing will be held during the April 28, 7 p.m. session at the River Ridge Charity Horse Show, and Sponsor will announce the winner at the session. If the Entrant whose name is called is not present at the session, does not hear his/her name announced, and does not immediately present himself/herself to claim the Prize, Sponsor will randomly draw a new Entry as winner. This process will be repeated if necessary until an Entrant whose name is announced is present, hears his/her name, and immediately presents himself/herself. Entrant’s parent or legal guardian must sign an affidavit or statement, if requested to do so by Sponsor or Horse Lingo, attesting that all facts stated in the Entry submitted by the Entrant are true and that Entrant meets all eligibility requirements stated in these Official Rules. If the preliminary winner does not complete the steps identified in this Section 5, Entrant forfeits the Prize, and Sponsor may select another Sweepstakes winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of Entries received.
6. Prize and Approximate Retail Value. The Prize will consist of a Kindle Fire Tablet, an opportunity to meet the show judges and view the show from center ring with two other people during one class of the session, have the coloring portion of the winning Entry copied on the cover of the class entries for the show’s April 29 evening session, parking reimbursement for the Friday evening, April 28th session ($5), and a stuffed animal. Total prize value is less than US$150. Entrant may not request substitution of the Prize. Prize are non-transferable.
7. Taxes. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Entrant who receives each Prize.
8. Privacy. You are required to provide Sponsor with certain personally identifiable information, including Your name and town/state of residence, to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may disclose Your personally identifiable information if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or a court order; enforce these Official Rules; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Sponsor or others.
9. Disclaimer. This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with the Ohio Expo Center or Facebook.
10. Indemnification. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor, Horse Lingo, the Ohio Expo Center, any distribution outlets for the Entry forms, and Facebook from and against all claims and expenses, including attorney fees, arising out of Entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance of the Prize.
11. Representations and Warranties. Sponsor will use its best efforts to conduct the Sweepstakes as specified in these rules. IF SPONSOR TERMINATES OR SUSPENDS THE SWEEPSTAKES IN ITS ENTIRETY, ITS ONLY OBLIGATION TO YOU IS TO MAINTAIN THE PRIVACY OF YOUR INFORMATION AS PROVIDED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PRIZE. SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE SWEEPSTAKES, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR HORSE LINGO BE LIABLE FOR LOSSES, DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES, NOR WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF SPONSOR, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE, OR IMPUTED), OR OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES, EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE AS STATED IN SECTION 6 ABOVE.
12. Trademarks and Copyrights. River Ridge Charity Horse Show and Horse Lingo are trademarks of, respectively, the Sponsor and Horse Lingo. All rights in respect of these trademarks are expressly reserved.
13. Sweepstakes Termination. Sponsor may terminate the Sweepstakes at any time for any reason without prior notice. The provisions of Sections 4, 8, 10, 11, 12, and 14 shall survive any termination of the Sweepstakes.
14. Dispute Resolution. You agree that this Sweepstakes shall be interpreted under the laws of the State of Illinois without reference to its conflict of laws provisions. You agree that any action arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes shall be brought only in a court located in Will County, Illinois or, if a federal action, in the Northern District of Illinois. You hereby consent and agree to submit to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any argument of forum non conveniens.
15. Completeness and Severability. These Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter herein. No waiver by Sponsor of any breach or default of these Official Rules shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The section headings used in these Official Rules are for convenience only and are in no way intended to describe, interpret, define, or limit the scope, extent, or intent of these Official Rules. If a provision of these Official Rules or the application thereof to any person or circumstance shall be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable to any extent, the remainder of these Official Rules and the application thereof shall not be affected and shall be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
16. Winner’s List. The name of the Entrant submitting the winning Entry for this Sweepstakes will be posted on the Site and may be posted on other social media sites used by Sponsor.